Thursday, November 8, 2007

Looks as if in a matter of weeks I will be able to remove the formatting I have on my posts, as the bottom line that has followed all my postings will no longer be necessary. Fran became quite defensive in a press conference this week when reporters were asking about the speculations that have been running rampant lately, but frankly, the dude has to know his days are numbered, as the administration seems to have already tacitly implied he's done. A glorious day it will be in Aggieland when Fran gets the boot. A glorious day indeed.

Today we got some snow in Ann Arbor, but the ground temperature is still a bit too warm, so all the precipitation was melting when it hit. Regardless, it was a bit jarring to walk out of my morning class to a pretty steady flurry of snowfall; guess I ought to get used to such occurrences.

One quick note about a news story I was reading, regarding a toy recall that struck me as well...hilarious. I initially saw the headline and read the first few sentences, which of course was along the generic lines of "some toy made in China is making kids sick...blah blah blah...recall...etc. etc.", so I'm thinking, okay, another "China making bad toys recall" story. In this particular case, the toy in question was something called Aqua Dots, and apparently is some form of beads, though I'm not exactly sure what you are supposed to do with them. The children in the story came to the conclusion that the best thing to do with the plastic-based beads was eat them, and it was found that as the body metabolizes the coating on the beads, it releases a concentrated form of GHB (gamma hydroxy butyrate, or in layman's terms, the date rape drug). Now, where it got interesting was when they were talking about some of the childrens' situations, one in particular who ate several dozen beads. Okay, now I'm not necessarily trying to defend the Chinese toy manufacturers, but there's a greater than 0 chance, if your dumb ass kid eats something on the order of 40-50 plastic beads...they, uh, are probably gonna have an adverse reaction, buddy. It is definitely still a flag the Chinese are cutting corners in their manufacturing process, but honestly, I think that kid was going to find a way to seriously injure him/herself in one way or another.

Alright, enough distractions, back to homework, studying, and the beatings which those respectively imply.

"Moreover, I advise that Fran must be canned."

No comments: