Friday, September 21, 2007

There is someone stealing 2 million dollars a year from A&M...

...and the perpetrator's name is Dennis Franchione. About the only positive I could take out of that abortion of a football game last night was that almost assuredly, the Board of Regents will oust this thief at the end of the season.

For all you that were buying into the whole A&M dark horse theory that pundits seem to keep formulating season after season, based on the rather dubious basis that Fran is some kind of genius coach...you can probably go ahead and just forget about that. I saw an offensive line, that with max protect, couldn't stop an extremely basic 4 man rush! And just as I have the past 4 years with Fran, I saw a defense that is absolutely talentless. I saw a team get absolutely outclassed, and out-athleticized by Miami. Moreover, I saw a team not ready to play that game and with a completely nonsensical game plan (no carries for Lane until midway through the 3rd quarter???). And frankly in the college game, much of that culpability for the lack of talent and game planning has to fall to Fran, who is being paid national championship contender money to recruit mid-tier level I-A talent and blow big games. As a rabid fan of A&M football, I am tired of mediocrity...A&M has thrown WAY too much money into their football program for no return on their investment.

Towards the beginning of the Third Punic War, as Carthage remained a bitter enemy of Rome in the mid-second century BC, the great Roman orator and former senator Cato the Elder would end every speech he gave before the senate with the line "Moreover, I advice that Carthage must be destroyed", regardless of what he was talking about beforehand. The idea was that he wanted to incite his countrymen to war to end the threat of the Carthiginians once and for all. So in that vein, until Fran is fired, I will end all future blog posts with the following line:

"Moreover, I advise that Fran must be canned."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOUCHDOWN HURRICANES!

Anonymous said...

At least you have Romo

Anonymous said...

Franchioneus delendus est.

ProgRockerWorldwide said...

You should have started a blog much sooner. You say some pretty freaking hilarious crap. Way to reference the Republic, by the way. My only response to that is . . . THIRTEEN!!!